Thursday, December 29, 2005

Bloggiversary

Well, not really. It was a few days ago, Christmas Day. First, I wish to thank you readers. This has been something between an intellectual exercise and a struggle against vanity (how else to explain the common obsession with site statistics?). Balancing blogging with the demands of work, seven children, and a wife who deserves more attention has been (and will continue to be) a challenge. In the beginning, I was not sure whether I would make it a year. That The Troglodyte has is not only because I enjoy it, but because of the inspiration from the positive feedback of readers. Thanks to you who are regular readers, thanks to you who leave comments, thanks to you who have taken the time to send me an e-mail about this, or that, and thanks to you fellow bloggers who read, comment, and link.

Second, as a demonstration of the balance question, I still have a few "end of the year" things to blog before the end of next week, but family demands will likely keep blogging light until then.

Third, with an eye to the coming year, be on the lookout for the major side bar update I've been mentioning for about six months. There will also be some format changes--some minor, perhaps some changes--and we'll see what else. As always, please let me know if you have suggestions, comments, or snide remarks.

May the joy and grace of this continuing Christmas season be with you and yours. Pax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Because Life is Life
and not just on election day