Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Waiting on Miers

Like nearly everyone else, I know next to nothing about Harriet Miers. The real concern is whether the president's loyalist ways, like his father's, will give us another David Souter. My guess is no, but I'll wait and see.

From the "Be careful what you wish for file," I like many on the political right were spoiling for a fight on constitutional philosophy with this nomination. That may come, but last night on Hewitt I heard that the Predictable are conjuring the specter of theocracy. Again. Look for the "deeply held (religious) belief" meme in the coming days. This battle is coming to us. Cave Dwellers will need to be ready to respond with more than indignation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Because Life is Life
and not just on election day