Friday, December 31, 2004

In the Beginning...

I've been out of town and contact for the last few days, so I haven't posted anything since the Christmas Day launch. I owe a little background on the origins of this blog.

This blog has grown from an e-mail chain that started with part of my family. The Troglodytrix and I received a forwarded e-mail following the election that wasn't intended for us. It was what can be described as a shrieking wail/guttural moan (I haven't decided which) akin to that of Tom Friedman and Garry Wills, but without the polish. I sent out a counter, which spawned several chains. I did not reply to these for about a month (for reasons that will become clear in a later post). When I finally did respond, it was in a serial attempt to redirect the conversation. Over the coming days, I will be posting the series as a way of putting down markers for the discussion on this site.

Next up: Message of Gratitude, Hope, & Needling

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Because Life is Life
and not just on election day